In 2020, more than 50,000 North American Standard Level I, II, III and V Inspections were conducted throughout Canada, Mexico and the U.S. during theroadside safety checks conducted by the U.S. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). 12,254 vehicles were taken out of service… Over 20% of vehicles failed to meet basic cargo control requirements*. This costs trucking companies hundreds of millions of dollars every year.
This year's roadcheck is set to take place between May 4th-6th. Join Kinedyne HERE for a free training before the road check, so you can ensure your truck will not be pulled out of service!
Kinedyne has once again partnered with Heavy Duty Trucking to bring you a Cargo Securement Regulation Training. Part of the Kinedyne Educational Series, this webinar is designed to bring the most up to date information in load securement compliance to fleets and driver operators. It’s Kinedyne’s goal to ensure that all drivers are familiar with current cargo control safety standards in order to reduce violations, fleet downtime and ensure the health and safety of drivers and the families that they share the road with.
UPON COMPLETION OF THIS TRAINING PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND AND IDENTIFY:
• Reasons behind regulations for cargo securement
• Understand the forces that cause cargo to shift slide or fall
• Understand common terminology surrounding cargo control
• The agencies that set cargo regulations
• Common requirements for the safe restraint and control of commercial freight
• Roadside inspection
• Equipment and methods used for cargo securement
• Performance criteria including breaking strength and working load limit
• Labelling requirements and identification of compliant cargo control products
• Direct vs indirect tie-down and aggregate WLL
• Out of service criteria for chains and webbing
• Commodity specific requirements
Looking for More Information?
What is the Inspection Criteria?
Looking for a quick reference to the 37 Steps of the Level 1 North American Inspection? We've got you covered, check out our pdf below.