Collection of Personal Data
We collect the following categories of Personal Data about the categories of individuals described above:
Basic Data: Name, title, company, job responsibilities, phone number, mailing address, email address, and contact details.
Registration Data: Newsletter requests, subscriptions, downloads, and username/passwords.
Transaction Data: Transaction history, payment details, and performance data.
Marketing Data: Data about individual participation in trade shows and conferences, credentials, associations, product interests, and preferences.
Compliance Data: Government identifiers, passports, beneficial ownership data, and due diligence data.
Job Applicant Data: Data provided by job applicants or others on our Sites or offline means in connection with employment opportunities.
Device Data: Computer Internet Protocol (IP) address, unique device identifier (UDID), cookies and other data linked to a device, and data about usage of our Sites (Usage Data). Note, however, we do not consider Device Data to be Personal Data except where we link it to you as individual or where applicable law provides otherwise.
Use of Personal Data
The purpose for which we use Personal Data are as follows:
- To perform transactions and respond to inquiries we use basic data, registration data, transaction data, and device data.
- To manage accounts and maintain business operations we use basic data, registration data, transaction data, and device data.
- To make our Sites more intuitive and easy to use we use device data.
- To protect the security and effective functioning of our Sites and information technology systems we use basic data, registration data, transaction data, and device data.
- To provide relevant marketing we use marketing data, basic data, registration data, transaction data, and device data.
- To address compliance and legal obligations we use compliance data, basic data, registration data, transaction data, and device data.
- To consider individuals for employment and contractor opportunities and manage on-boarding procedures we use job applicant data and compliance data.
Sharing of Personal Data
We share Personal Data with the following categories of recipients:
- Within the affiliated group: We share Personal Data with our ultimate parent company, Heico Holding, Inc. in the United States (controller) and its subsidiaries, (collectively, "HEICO") as necessary for the purposes identified above.
- Distributors and sales representatives: We share Personal Data with distributors and sales representatives in order to: perform transactions and respond to inquiries; manage accounts and maintain our business operations; provide relevant marketing; and address compliance and legal obligations
- Suppliers and service providers: We share Personal Data with suppliers and service providers to enable such parties to perform functions on our behalf and under our instructions in order to carry out the purposes identified above. We require such parties by contract to provide reasonable security for Personal Data and to use and process such Personal Data on our behalf only
- Auditors, advisors, and financial institutions: We share Personal Data with auditors for the performance of audit functions, with advisors for the provision of legal and other advice, and with financial institutions in connection with payment and other transactions.
- Corporate purchasers: We share Personal Data with any corporate purchaser or prospect to the extent permitted by law as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of HEICO assets, or transition of service to another provider, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which Personal Data would be transferred as an asset of HEICO.
- Mandatory disclosures and legal claims: We share Personal Data in order to comply with any subpoena, court order or other legal process, or other governmental request. We also share Personal Data to establish or protect our legal rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of others, or to defend against legal claims.
If you have questions about the parties with which we share Personal Data, please contact us as specified below.
You have control regarding our use of Personal Data for directing marketing.If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed, or receive any other marketing communication, you can choose to not receive such communications at any time. Please follow the unsubscribe link in the relevant communication or contact us as per below.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored on your browser, device, or the page you are viewing. Some cookies are deleted once you close your browser, while other cookies are retained even after you close your browser so that you can be recognized when you return to a website. More information about cookies and how they work is available at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies on our Sites are generally divided into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are required for the operation of our Sites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas. These cookies are session cookies that are erased when you close your browser.
- Functional Cookies: These improve the functional performance of our Sites and make it easier for you to use. For example, cookies are used to remember that you have previously visited the Sites and asked to remain logged into it. These cookies qualify as persistent cookies, because they remain on your device for us to use during a next visit to our Sites. You can delete these cookies via your browser settings.
- Targeting Cookies: These record your visit to our Sites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to recognize you as a previous visitor and to track your activity on the Sites and other websites you visit. These cookies qualify as persistent cookies, because they remain on your device for us to use during a next visit to our Sites. You can delete these cookies via your browser settings. See below for further details on how you can control third party targeting cookies
What are your options if you do not want cookies on your computer?
You can review your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections "Help" or "Internet Options," to exercise choices you have for certain Cookies. If you disable or delete certain Cookies in your Internet browser settings, you might not be able to access or use important functions or features of these Sites, and you may be required to re-enter your log-in details.
To learn more about certain cookies used for interest based advertising by third parties, including through cross-device tracking, and to exercise certain choices regarding such cookies, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance, Network Advertising Initiative, Digital Advertising Alliance-Canada, European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance or your device settings for if you have the DAA or other mobile app.
We maintain technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction. However, no security measure can guarantee against compromise. You also have an important role in protecting Personal Data. You should not share your username and password with anyone, and you should not re-use passwords across more than one Site. If you have any reason to believe that your username or password has been compromised, please contact us as detailed below.
California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California, you may have certain rights under California law, including the right to opt-out of the "sale" of your personal information. To opt-out of the "sale" of your personal information as described in this section, you can click here.
(i) Does the Sites honor do not track ("DNT") signals sent via browsers?
Given the divergent practices of organizations that offer browsers and the lack of a standard in the marketplace, we generally do not respond to DNT signals at this time.
(ii) Are third party websites governed by this Privacy Statement?
This Site contains links and references to other websites administered by unaffiliated third parties. This Privacy Statement does not apply to such third party Sites. When you click a link to visit a third party website, you will be subject to that websites’ privacy practices. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy and security practices of the linked third party websites before providing any Personal Data on that websites.
(iii) How does the Company handle employee and contractor privacy issues?
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time as our services and privacy practices change, or as required by law. The effective date of our Privacy Statement is posted below, and we encourage you to visit our Sites periodically to stay informed about our privacy practices. We will post the updated version of the Privacy Statement on our Sites, and ask for your consent to the changes if legally required.
If you have questions or comments regarding this Privacy Statement or our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Effective Date: January 1, 2020